Here at Hyperakt, we are a team of creators. We are innovative and idealistic; we are constant learners that hone our craft as we go. We’ve found the best way to capitalize on our creative nature is to approach design systematically. Before we start thinking visually, we think strategically: what do our clients want to accomplish? How can beautiful design help their achieve their goals?
We’re seeking a mid-level brand strategist experienced in translating insights into long-term strategies that guide identity, messaging, and experiences across brand, digital, and user experience. The strategy team at Hyperakt works side by side with our team of designers, producers, and developers to conduct research and interviews, facilitate collective goal-setting and problem solving, and shepherd client relationships.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and has the confidence and grace to take on vague and complicated challenges. Our strategists play a key role in helping Hyperakt define and evolve its design strategy practice, while growing and supporting key relationships, both with clients and the internal team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Content strategy: Craft messaging, narrative, and storytelling for online and offline pieces
- Creative facilitation: Design and facilitate client work sessions that are interactive, collaborative, and human-centered
- Information architecture: Work alongside designers to organize content and develop digital architecture (sitemaps, wireframes, etc.) and provide input on design
- Synthesis, analysis, and presentations: Condense trends and client goals into clean and insightful decks
- User experience: Lead user experience activities such as stakeholder interviews, mapping user flows, persona development, empathy maps, etc. Research: develop in-depth market, customer, and competitive analyses
WHO YOU ARE
- A philosopher at heart: you’re always zooming out and asking why?
- A creative and dynamic problem-solver who can make sense of diverse moving parts and think a few steps ahead
- An expert facilitator who can guide groups through collective goal-setting and problem-solving
- Someone with 2-5 years related strategic experience at a creative agency or studio
- An exceptional writer and a persuasive speaker
- Someone with a proven ability to discern and capture important ideas
- Someone who is driven by curiosity and a desire to always improve and do better
- Someone who knows the right questions to ask and when to ask them
- An expert communicator who is comfortable with having tough conversations, asking difficult questions, and challenging assumptions
We have a beautiful, two-story studio in Gowanus with a full kitchen, unlimited vacation, health/dental/vision insurance, ping pong, group birthday lunches, optional yoga every month, and Lunch Talks – intimate conversations with some of the best and brightest in the industry – hosted at our studio every month.
Hyperakt is a Brooklyn-based social impact design agency. We build brand identities and digital experiences for leading social impact organizations. Our clients are humanitarian organizations, philanthropies, tech innovators, universities, and social enterprises who tackle the toughest challenges of our time and champion those who have been left behind — Ford Foundation, Google, Spotify, Amnesty International, the City of New York, and more.
We are a small team of passionate designers, strategists, producers, developers, and all-round storytellers. We love Monday morning bagels, team lunches, cracking open a beer at the end of the day, going bowling, and exploring the city’s cultural institutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life, and continents across the world, and are excited to welcome another Hyperaktivist into the fold.
The last day to apply is February 15th.
To apply send your resume, cover letter, and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hyperakt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.