Freelance Lead Strategist
Hyperakt is seeking a senior-level strategist for a temporary contract position from October to January. The strategy team at Hyperakt works side by side with our team of designers, producers, and developers to conduct research and interviews, facilitate collective goal-setting and problem solving, and shepherd client relationships. For this three month period, we are seeking an expert to support ongoing client projects as well as increase Hyperakt’s knowledge of and approach to strategy as it pertains to our work.
The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience creating strategies that guide identity, messaging, and experiences across brand, digital, campaigns, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with our resident strategist to identify and refine key questions, issues/opportunities, and insights
- Design and facilitate client work sessions that are interactive, collaborative, and human-centered
- Craft messaging, narrative, and storytelling for online and offline pieces
- Lead user experience activities such as stakeholder interviews, mapping user flows, persona development, empathy maps, etc.
- Work alongside designers to organize content and develop digital architecture (sitemaps, wireframes, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE
- A philosopher at heart: you’re always zooming out and asking why?
- A creative and dynamic problem-solver who can make sense of diverse moving parts and think a few steps ahead
- An expert facilitator who can guide groups through collective goal-setting and problem-solving
- A natural teacher: we want someone we can learn from
- Someone with 5-7 years related strategic experience at a creative agency or studio
- Someone with a proven ability to discern and capture important ideas
- Someone who is driven by curiosity and a desire to always improve and do better.
We have a beautiful, two-story studio in Gowanus with a full kitchen, ping pong, group birthday lunches, optional yoga every other week, and Lunch Talks – intimate conversations with some of the best and brightest in the industry – hosted at our studio every month.
Hyperakt is a Brooklyn-based social impact design agency. We build brand identities and digital experiences for leading social impact organizations. Our clients are humanitarian organizations, philanthropies, tech innovators, universities, and social enterprises who tackle the toughest challenges of our time and champion those who have been left behind — Ford Foundation, Google, Spotify, Amnesty International, the City of New York, and more.
We are a small team of passionate designers, strategists, producers, developers, and all-round storytellers. We love Monday morning bagels, team lunches, cracking open a beer at the end of the day, going bowling, and exploring the city’s cultural institutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life, and continents across the world, and are excited to welcome another Hyperaktivist into the fold.
The last day to apply is September 15, 2017.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hyperakt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.